Re-Volt in Windows 7
It’s been a while since I’ve played a new game, which led to the intent to play an old one… I somehow managed to bump into Re-Volt, which I had forgotten I even had, and that is a shame.
Re-Volt is a great game which I loved when I was younger (it was published in 1999), and I used to cheat all the time Not that this is of any importance… What is of importance, however, is how to run this game if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7.
I eagerly installed the game on my Windows 7, and was quite disappointed when I discovered it didn’t work. I was able to run the game, and configure everything, but I couldn’t start any race – the game would just display a Can’t flip display buffers error over and over. Luckily, the good people of the Internet had already found the solution, so here it is (thanks to MassiZ from MSFN Forums):
- First of all (after installing the game), download the following patch: 1.207
- Copy the contents of the downloaded archive into your Re-Volt folder
- Create a shortcut to Re-Volt on your desktop
- Alter the shortcut’s properties by inserting “-sli” into the Destination text box, without the quotation marks (it should look something like “C:\Path to Re-Volt\revolt.exe” -sli)
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select Windows 98, as well as Run as administrator
- Finally, simply enjoy the game, it’s a great one